History of the School Buildings
The Infant Block
Initially, the Desruisseaux Combined School was housed in one building; the southern building which is now the Infant block. This project (construction of the building) was constructed by Reverend Fr. Paul Chaigneau. The building was completed and formally opened for use on April 19th, 1959. On completion of this building, church service, as well as other community activities were held there for a period of time.
This block presently holds the Principals office, the science room, the school feeding area and the canteen, was originally a Chapel. This building was completed and formally opened in 1961.
The Junior Block
The latest block, which now houses the Junior department and the Learning Resource centre was constructed in 1973 – 1974.
To date, all three buildings have undergone renovations that have resulted in changes to their original designs.
The Computer Lab
The newest addition to the schools permanent structures is a modern one room Computer lab. The construction of this building commenced in May 2002 and was completed in July 2006. Funding for this building came mainly from the Redemptorists’ Congregation.